22…I’ll turn 40 in August.. shhhh
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. If you don’t try you won’t fail..if you don’t fail you don’t learn.. if you don’t learn you don’t live.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I think we have to do the things we don’t like so that we can get to the things we like to do. Like… even though I like my job, it’s still boring to have to work all the time. But, if you don’t work you won’t appreciate the free time you get so you can spend it on things you like.
I will surely have written more.
Right now there are so many things I’d like to change. But I think ending discrimination of any kind would be a good start.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I have no idea….
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
OMG!! I’D DO ALL THE THINGS!!!! I would have like under 7 months left!!!
I’d say a fair degree.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I’m not worried about it. I feel that I usually do the right thing.
I tell them I don’t agree with their view of this person, that I like this person and that she’s a very close friend. I’d tell them that I used to respect and admire these people, but after finding out how they really are, they can take the lunch and shove it.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I don’t know. It would depend.
I can’t say that I have seen insanity turned into creativity.
14. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I don’t know.. I can’t think of anything right now.
OH OH!!! I know… be me! =D
Because we’re all different people with different experiences growing up. Never compare yourself to others.
16. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I think it would be the notion that being an atheist is so much better than any religion. It’s not the kind of person I want to be…It’s not the kind of person I am.
18. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Canada. It’s as close to America I’d like to get right now. And fishing. Lots and lots of fishing.
19. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
No, I don’t and no, I don’t.
20. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Joyful simpleton. Without joy in life, what’s the point?
21. Why are you, you?
Upbringing, nurture and shit I’ve picked up along the way.
22. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I sure hope so.
23. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Hmmm… That’s a tough one. I think losing touch with a friend who lives close by. If a good friend moves away you can still have contact. Now, with the technology we have, it’s easier.
24. What are you most grateful for?
Having such a loving family.
25. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Again, a tough one. If I lose all my old memories, I’ll forget all about my dad and I don’t want to do that… But on the other hand, I want to make new memories with hubby…all the time.
26. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
How can it be absolute truth if it haven’t been challenged?
27. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Yes, losing family members. And boy, did that ever hit hard last year.
Brother-in-law, dad and father-in-law. *phew*
28. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?
I think so, yes… I think it was when a company I worked for let me go.. or decided not to use me any more. I was 100% sure I had a permanent job there.
29. Does it really matter now?
Hah, no. But it hurt at the time.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory?
I don’t know if it’s happy, but I remember it so well.
Sitting on the floor while mum and dad were folding bedsheets. Fluffing it in my face and I’d laugh gleefully.
31. What makes it so special?
I don’t know. It’s just a memory.
32. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
I’ve never not felt alive. But passionate… hm.. tough again.. dammit. Lol.
33. If not now, then when? If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
MY LIFE! just kidding… what are we talking about?
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
I do it with hubby all the time. I love how we can look at each other and that’s enough..we know what each other is thinking.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Got me. I have no idea.
It seemed to easy when I was a kid. So easy to see what was what. But now… there is so much grey.
I don’t think so. Being a call-for-help, I have freedom to do what I’d like when I want to… unless I have to work, of course. But yeah… I’d keep the job. So that I wouldn’t get bored.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
But I do enjoy my job.
No, this day is pretty new to me.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Before dad died, I think. I had a glimmer of an idea for a new story and I started writing it down. But after he died I haven’t had much desire to write. I’ll get it back, just not right now.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Hubby, of course.. get one last hot sex in…and then start the long drive home to visit my mother and brother.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
I guess the difference is how you spend your time. If you spend it well, so to speak, doing something good or something you truly love.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
You should calculate risks??
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Who knows. I guess people are afraid of failure, that they feel that they have to get it right on the first try because that’s the “right” way. Bullshit, I tell you.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Nothing. I don’t care what people think of me.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
This morning. I have this annoying crackling sound when I’m congested in the mornings.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love hubby, and I told him… need I do more?
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
No, I won’t.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’m making them for myself.